24/7 Wall St. has released its ranking of the best and worst run states. These rankings will not be a surprise to many.
|The best run states||The worst run states|
|1. North Dakota||46. New Jersey|
|2. Wyoming||47. Arizona|
|3. Nebraska||48. Illinois|
|4. Utah||49. Rhode Island|
|5. Iowa||50. California|
To most people with common sense it is easy to understand why Illinois is in the bottom three. It is has the lowest credit rating; the most corrupt; and has a massive unfunded debt burden. If you want to do more reading on how bad Illinois is run, here are a few links:
- Illinois: Voters Choose Self Destruction
- Illinois’ Escalating Pension Crisis – And What to Do About It
- Illinois scrapes the bottom of the barrel in job creation
- Tale of two neighboring states: A failing Illinois and a Wisconsin Success story
- The Greece Next Door: IL gets credit downgrade, in contrast to Wisc.
- Local Property Taxes Increase by Nearly $5 Billion Between 2005 and 2010
- PIGLET 2012 REPORT Finds More Than $354 Million in Wasteful Spending