To summarize — children, for the most part, believe the following:
- Republicans care about only the rich – the top 1% – and don’t care about anyone else
- Republicans hate people of color and especially Latinos.
- Republicans hate gays.
- Republicans are racist.
- It is the government that provides jobs. (I have asked that question many times in classrooms or assemblies. “Who is it that creates jobs in America?” The answer is invariably, without hesitation, “the government.”)
- Corporations are bad, and profits are very bad. Business shouldn’t make profits; they should give any excess money they make to their employees.
- Taxes are good; they provide the money for the government to take care of people.
- Government should expand and take care of everyone in the country.
- America, rather than being a force for good in the world, has been a force for evil.
- Government has an unlimited source of funds. (When I ask, “Where is the government going to get the money to do all these things you want it to do?,” the answer is “taxes.”)
So either due to ambient progressivism in our curricula, a left wing bias by proselytizing teachers or parents who learned the same lessons in school that they are now teaching their children, students aren’t just uninformed, they are in fact misinformed.
Continue reading at UnionWatch.org